I haven’t posted in a while, cause so much has been going on: we just moved, went on a Disney Cruise, found & trained another person to help me, & hI ave been recovering from pain that was in my only working limb (I didn’t even know why it hurt…my guess is stress & tightened muscles didn’t mix with the lack of stretching & lack of therapy in the last few weeks, but it severely “crippled” me—I could barely type, sometimes I was unable to feed myself, etc.). But good news: I am doing MUCH better, & even made myself my own bag of popcorn! (Granted, I made a mess too, but it was the 1st time in almost 12 years that I made popcorn, & poured my own bowl!)
Since my article is being run again in LDS Living magazine again, I thought I’d share some “updates”, & share some things the original LDS Living article got wrong:
- My stroke occurred in my Indianapolis, Indiana home – we moved to Austin, Texas to build an accessible home, & be by family.
- I used to be the compassionate service leader, & a Young Womens (YW) teacher before that, but now I am the YW Personal Progress Leader (check out this remarkable youth program)–& recently earned my medallion again, along with both of my daughters (who were 13 & 15 at the time)!
- “I Love to See the Temple” is one of my favorite primary (children)songs, but not THE favorite! (It’s this.)
- I speak a LOT now. As u may be aware, I started horse therapy after this article 1st came out (which has been AMAZING & strengthened my core so much!), & my therapist jokes that when we 1st started, I could only say a few words, but “now (she) can’t get me to shut up!” If u get to know my Sophie, she’s so much like me, & she talks all the time, just as I used to do—so my therapist is correct in her explanation!
- Our 20th wedding anniversary was in 2014.
Hello! I found your website on YouTube. You have made terrific progress. I had a bilateral stroke on August 31, 2013. It uplifts me to see that progress can continue with work. I attend speech therapy twice a week. My husband helps me with my speech exercises.
I wish u the very best! Keep up the hard work, & believe in yourself! With God, everything is possible!
HI JENNY! SO GLAD 2 HEAR THAT UR INJURY IS BETTER AND CONGRATS ON THE POPCORN!! I’M SO HAPPY 4 U 2 B IN UR NEW HOME! DO U HAVE PICS U CAN SEND OR POST? AND U HAVE A NEW ASSISTANT! IS THAT IN PLACE OF ANGIE OR ALONG WITH? U HAVE COME SO FAR AND DONE SO MUCH LATELY – I’VE DECIDED THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING THAT CAN KEEP U DOWN, SUPERGIRL!