Happy Mother’s Day! Mother’s Day is a bit different for me, as I usually have people feeding me anyway!
I keep being asked about what my favorite thing about my new home is…the thing that is my favorite changes from week to week, but what doesn’t change, is how it has increased my independence. When we moved, a big reason was to make our home more accessible, cuz I’d “outgrown” our old home, & I was banging into walls & things, as I tried to do more. So our new home has wider spaces & hallways, & bigger & more open rooms—for example, I can TURN in our pantry! Other ways I have discovered increased independence:
- Drawers have been used a lot in my craft room, so I can do many things on my own in there now!
- We have a “smart home”, so I can use my iPad to turn lights on/off, a TV on/off, regulate a thermostat if needed, see who’s at my front door & see in other places in my home, turn on music in rooms, etc. I can even call people by name to certain rooms in our home! While this is all great, what makes it even better is how this aids me as a mother—I can turn things down or off if my kids are being “kids,” I can turn off all the lights in our home if Mark is gone…& best of all, everything can be done from the comfort of my bed!
- I love the kitchen because I can do SOOO much more in there now! In fact, I just want to share that lately, I have fed myself 2 out of 3 meals! It is so cool to feel hungry, & be able to go get myself food! (That can be a good or a bad thing!) I will share pictures of these 3 things that have made such a difference:
- The sink—the spout is on the side, & it is touch-sensative, so I can finally wash my hands & some dishes (I actually like washing dishes, & since my kids think it’s gross to clean my cup out from my green smoothies, they are probably glad that I can do it now!)
- The microwave—we have one down low, with a drawer, so I can do it– & I confess that at times I will cook popcorn in it, just cuz I can!
- The fridge—it has a door I can use, but the best part is this has a drawer I can access, with things like fruit, veggies, hummus, babaganush,meals I can heat up, or eat cold…
I just want to tell you that I just discovered you for the first time today from randomly clicking on your story in LDS living. I just want you to know that you are an INSPIRATION!!!!! You and your husband are both HEROES!!!!!!! Wishing you so much happiness and I am so thankful for your positivity and faith!!!